I'm an AESD mother, proud first-generation Salvadoran-American, and community organizer.
I'm running for Adelanto Elementary School Board Trustee Seat 4 to represent the needs of our community by advocating for our kids and teachers. Our futures depend on our kids' success. Our kids' success requires well-resourced, top tier educators. We cannot attract top tier educators without thriving wages, competitive benefits, and investment in full-campus wellness, safety, and social-emotional support. My experience in advocacy and administration makes me uniquely qualified to not only serve our community, but deliver for our future.
When I moved to the High Desert in 2016, I found myself in a community of diverse but unheard voices. I worked with peers to advocate & organize around youth issues, health equity, and environmental justice, shifting my career from freelance design & marketing to community organizing.
- Within California Young Democrats, I worked with leadership to give voice to the Inland Empire, forming an entirely new region to represent Riverside and San Bernardino Counties and serving as its first Regional Director. In the following years, I served as interim Communications Director, Vice President of Operations, and finally as Vice President of Membership.
- As the Regional Organizing Director with Bernie 2020, I advocated for universal pre-school to give all of our kids a world-class head start. Within the campaign, I served as a UFCW 400 Shop Steward, supporting my colleagues in seeking ethical, equitable treatment and wages.
- Following the 2020 primaries, I worked with Million Voters Project as Digital Organizing Manager in support of Prop 15, fighting to protect homeowners from tax hikes while holding corporations accountable for not paying their fair share (while getting bailed out by everyday taxpayers).
- As a Regional Organizer with California Environmental Voters, I work to build power by elevating community voices, building community partnerships, and advocating with regulators and municipalities for a more just, safe, and healthy Inland Empire, starting right here in the High Desert.
- I also presently serve on the San Bernardino County Committee for School District Organization, which gives me a behind-the-scenes perspective on the impacts of education governance within rapidly growing and changing communities.